Sunday, February 21, 2010

CLING to the Bible!

I got this from a sermon I listened to today. I was reminded again just how very important it is for us as believers to be in God's Word constantly and to be meditating on it day and night. I have learned the hard way how easy it is to stumble even over the smallest things when I neglect to spend time in the Scriptures. So brothers and sisters, cling to the Word of God and allow Him through it to renew, mold, and shape your every thought and decision in life rather than being conformed to the world that surrounds you.

We don’t live in a culture that is friendly to Christianity…
It’s demonic, earthly, & sensual and wants to rip to shreds everything that has to do with the bride of Jesus Christ.
If we don’t cling to the Bible- we’re gone.

We are vulnerable to defeat and injury if we do not arm ourselves with the Gospel from head to toe- DAILY!

Ephesians 6:11 "Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil."

2 Timothy 2:15 "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth."

Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

Joshua 1:8 ""This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success."

2 comments:

  1. I have known this for probably all my life and still I find myself wandering away from the Word, caught up in the circumstances of my life.

    When I went to Bolivia for the first time, on a summer team, our leaders reminded us of this important fact every day! We must be in God's Word and in prayer to truly live for God!

    Our church is encouraging everyone to read through the N.T. this year. Everyone on the same page kind of deal...I don't think I made it through one book yet! Yikes! Not that I don't do other reading, but still...

    What you've said is so true! Help us to cling to the Bible, O Lord!

    Thanks, Rachel, for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Shelly,

    You're so right about how easy it is for us to get caught up in our circumstances of life.

    The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.

    I have been brought to my knees being reminded how I can't do a single thing on my own. Only with the help of God can we even cling to the Word. But we must do our part as well!! I've been acknowledging my need for Him and crying out to Him for help to desire Him and know Him and stay in the Word. He is so faithful to answer our cries.

    It truly is a battle though each day.
    Thanks for commenting. I'll be praying for you in this area. <3

    ReplyDelete